Tuesday 25 March 2014

Blog Transfer and Yabane

Dear followers and readers of my blog.
My blog has been transferred to my website.
Please follow my kimono and kitsuke adventures there:

Berber Oostenbrug

Yabane -Feathers of Arrow-
This pattern means “Let’s go!!”
In old days, bride’s parents hand Kimono of this pattern to their daughter.
Because arrows will never come back after being released.




This weekend I made a hakama kimono styling inspired by Yae no Sakura.
The yabane patterned kimono with hakama is the classic look for school girls and teachers in the Late Meiji, Taisho and early Showa era.
It was often paired with Western accessories and dress pieces. As I did here.
Under the kimono is a high collared blouse with a brooch at the neckline.
This way you can look like a prim 1900's schoolgirl :-)

No comments: