Saturday 16 August 2008

Yukata

I wanted to do some dressed up yukata kitsuke.
Before I got sick I ordered a lot of (larger) yukata from Ichiroya. They arrived about a week after I came home from the hospital, so that was a wonderful get well present to myself ^_^

One is really too wide, the length is perfect but I need to adjust the width.
The other is perfect on all accounts.
I dressed it up with a silk wine red hakata summer weave obi, black and pink lace eri sugata and a minty green gingham patterned obi jime and vintage themed button as obi dome.

I know I never use or wear obi dome, but when I saw these buttons... I just had to. Besides for my "Holland Japan lijn" I need to experiment.... ^_^
I forgot the obi age, I wanted to tie shell fish, but the obi didn't work with me... and then I forgot about the obi age later *blush*

Later I tried my red and white summer obi jime, more in keeping with what I usually do... as less colours as possible. But maybe I should have added the black lace obi age, that might be nice

4 comments:

Kyuukaryuko said...

So nice to see you're feeling much better again! And so many beautiful kimono, I'm green with envy ^_~
I'll email you in a bit!

Faeriel Galadel said...

Your Yukata is so cute and it looks wonderful on you too. I love Ichiroya, but I have yet to buy anything from them for lack of funds. I am glad you are feeling better, it stinks being so sick. I had my appendix out when I was 15.
Anyways, the yukata is lovely on you! I love how it compliments your skin tone as well. Beautiful ^-^

kimonosa said...

wooo!! Your combo is really lovely! ^^

Unknown said...

Thamk you all!
I love this coordination a lot too ^_^