Thursday 15 May 2008

Flower kimono

It cooled down a little but it's still nice outside. And, it's change time, nagajuban hitoe, kimono hitoe and obi hitoe.

Now I have this fun, way too short and young flower kimono. But she's so pretty I couldn't resist putting her in my collection and wanted to try her on at least ones.

But which obi? That was a hard choice. I wanted a fuchsia or yellow, like the flowers, but didn't have any hitoe in that colour. So I decided on the red one with silver.

It wasn't a good day to dress today; I was a little inpatient...
A quick pink scarf had to do as obi age, and then I found a yellow obi jime (a yellow obi age is on the way, finally!)

And then I was dressed, but it lacked something... in the corner of my eye I saw this scarf for girls kimono (forgot the name sorry) in a soft yellow colour and thought that might finish it and make it even more fun, flowery and girly... hihi

2 comments:

Kyuukaryuko said...

The pink and yellow scarf work really well with this kimono. And I really like the obi!

Unknown said...

Thank you!