Saturday 4 September 2010

Kimonoshopping 1 ...

Osaka!
Bought at Ichiroya's, before I left I ordered these four items, to pick them up in Osaka. Bad me, buying four items before entering Japan!
But....
Ichiroya's collection is so gorgous!
And the yukata, 50% cotton, 50% asa, (lower left) I just had to have, also, knowing Japan would be extremely hot when we would be there, I figured, this cotton/asa kimono might be perfect to wear!
Lower right is a wonderful rose fukuro obi, top left a nice synthetic komon and top right a gorgeous antique black homongi with painted and embroidered motives in extraordinary long size...

This lace haori, painted "faux" meisen and new rose (and cat) hanhaba obi I bought in Nanba Osaka at Kimono-ya.
A very cheap and good shop with a nice collection and not too big ^_^
I also bough eri-shin, obi-ita and koshi-himo, so I could wear kimono in Japan. As a present they gave me a very nice white/silver obi-jime.

No comments: