Tuesday 1 July 2008

Usumono time!

I just love all usumono types; ro, sha, hemp; silk synthetics, cotton or what ever. I just adore all. The colours are usually really perfect, of course, I like cool colours... I love summer time too, so all in all perfect for me. And I went to work in kimono. Morning kitsuke is fun. I have to work all week, which is rare for me and I do not really appreciate it, it’s ok now because I realized I could go in kimono most days and this way have my fun.
Today bright blue ro (synthetic) with stylized water and reed inter woven. A white silk nagajuban, black silk ro obi with reed and dragonfly, light blue open weave obi age and obi jime. Now I am happy ^_^
Not with the geta I am wearing, I am desperately looking for blue zori, I really hope they'll turn up one day and in an acceptable size...

3 comments:

Kyuukaryuko said...

Beautiful kimono!
Unfortunately I don't have any usumono kimono, but I've heard they are very cool and comfortable to wear. But before I'm going to buy one, I have to find/make a juban that has a perfect lenght (because usumono is see-through) ^_^

Happy working!

Unknown said...

Thank you. Yes they are cool, but still you get hot, all these layers!
I am on the look-out for you, who knows I'll find something good. And, you can make it two pieced that way the fit will be better.

Kyuukaryuko said...

Next week, we'll talk about two-pieced juban ^_~