Wednesday 8 February 2006

Roots

Being a girl from "up north" I like farmlands... Large fields that sweep as far as I can see... brought up in a small city but longing for fresh air, I often escaped to the country on my bicycle and cycled until my head was clear and my legs tired. Often I would sit down near the canal and dream away...
It was a good time. I moved from the quiet north to the busy middle and often find myself missing the fields and the smell of cows...
This weekend being at dad's, celebrating sister’s birthday and having the car get a check-up. I decided to take up some cycling looking for the same routes I used to take as a teen... *sigh* it was cold and gloomy, but I felt as if in heaven... Two days I cycled and took so many pictures I can't decided which are good and which aren’t... I think I will use some of them as backgrounds for my "princesses" But am not sure yet... I was hoping for icy pictures white trees and such, but no luck, the weekend before I was at dad's too and when I woke up very early with the sun I saw white trees, white fields and a glorious pink sky... too bad I didn't bring my camera.. Sometimes things are just not meant to be I guess ^_^

No comments: