Sunday 5 October 2008

Theater Kitsuke

Today I was invited to go and see "Zijde" performed by Porgy Franssen A monologue after the novel by Alessandro Baricco about a French silkworm merchant Hervé Joncour in 19th century France who travels to Japan for his town's supply of silkworms after a disease wipes out their African supply. During his stay in Japan, he sees a wonderful lady...
It is a wonderful novel, just read it ^_^

So I dressed up in kimono and borrowed a car from my sister, and then...
I got stuck in traffic....
Which meant I never saw the play. How sad! There I was all dressed up in my fall themed kimono, I chose a brown lace hanhaba because, well Mamechiyo gave it to me and I felt it was a very informal happening and I wanted to look like autumn. It was a terrible day, rain kept pouring and maybe that was the reason for all those people in cars, usually Sunday's aren’t that bad.
It was sad I couldn't see the play. On the other hand, it was in a house for older artists Rosa Spier Huis and I knew one of my teachers lived there, so I visited him and we had a nice chat. After the play I had a drink and short talk with Mr. Franssen and that was nice too, he is a very kind and special man.

3 comments:

Kyuukaryuko said...

Typical Dutch behaviour: when the weather is really bad traffic is hell!
Too bad you missed the play. It looks like you have a new favorite kimono ^_~ But I must admit that it look stunning on you.

I'll put the book on my wishlist...

Unknown said...

Well... hum...yes... I wanted to wear silk, but considering the weather I decided against that. This is the only autumnal looking cotton kimono I own (I think) but yes I do love this kimono and after last weekend I feel it is not ok to wear any more because it is a hitoe and slightly see trough…

xiner said...

Charming ensemble! It really has autumnal feel in it.
Too bad you missed the play...