Monday 28 May 2007

Lazyness

Well... not really, just a bit. I planned a lot for today and ended up doing nothing. First Ikea at 10 o'clock, to buy closets and stuff *ugh* Ha-ha decided against that, wanted to have a slow start because I am working so much lately and this moving I try to do in between, it's all wearing me out! Spending the only two days off cleaning and at Ikea's...?No! So I made myself wonderful fruit salad and lots of green tea. Then treated myself to a large espresso, yummie!!! Then surfed the web, answered emails things like that... oops its getting late, I wanted to go to the museum. But by the time I had my make-up on it rained like crazy, yuck! So I decided to put on the kimono I was wearing last Thursday for a kimono demo. In order to show off the kimono I was wearing that day here.
It was so great! It was hot (for me in all those layers), but great. My very kind tea teacher asked me if I wanted to do this kimono demonstration and before that, help with serving tea to the ladies. Yes of course!
These tea lessons are in a pre-city of the city I live in and I don't like places like that, I lived in one for 3 years and absolutely hated it! It is not really fair to call them pre-cities or subburbs because they are littele towns or even cities on their own, but because of all the building (shortage on living space over here) The big cities grow towards the small ones and they almost become one... Subburbs really depress me, these pre cities can be ok depending on the area and the size... So, me not really comfortable in these places, every time I go there it's almost like a zen practice, not to let the gloom get over me... But, never mind.
Kimono!
Serving the tea was fun, hard for me because I did not have that many lessons, and I have been sick for a long time, so practice wasn't something that I could do. And now I just had to perform in public with my shakey how should this be done? But they loved my kimono and my appearance, so that was a comfort...
After tea I showed some of my kimono and told my tale, and then I took of my obi, the mint green one like I am wearing today and changed it for a nice fukuro with fans. To show them the process of obi dressing.
The kimono is my blue, home sewn, kimono. I chose this one because it is hitoe and big enough. The obi I chose because it is hitoe too (one of my view, do not own a lot) I like the green with the blue... and it seemed formal enough to me. I really do not know about tea ceremony kimono dressing, only that it should be iro muji. Ah well. Paired it, very naughty, with my red shibory obi age and a soft green obi jime. I think it looked chique and sweet. My pink zori where just the thing and my modern western bag added a fun red accent while out on the street. When I went out to buy myself a salad at the grocery store a man came up to me and told me I looked lovely in my kimono! Thanks! He walked away and told me "keep doing that, wearing kimono to do your groceries!" Hihi, I told him I'll try to be so brave more often.
And now it's still raining, cry... maybe I'll take my umbrella and take the tram to the museum, dressed in kimono! Just maybe...
Any one knows what this obi-dome is? I have no clue... but I have very limited plants knowlage aswell...
I really hope some one reading might know ^_^

5 comments:

Kyuukaryuko said...

Hi Misuchi,
First of all, you look absolutely gorgeous in kimono!
I found your blog while searching for kimono and kitsuke links in our little country (also Dutch, but I'll stick to English for your blog). May I ask where your kimono demo was, and where you buy your kimono?

Unknown said...

Hi Anne,
Thank you! It's always nice to get compliments, good for the ego hihi, thanks.
I buy my kimono mostly at Ichiroya's (see links) and eBay. I bought a view informal kimono at Van hier tot Tokio (see link) and the kimono demo was in Amstelveen... of all places! It could be I give another demo (plus geisha make up) in Hilversum the 17th of June, I'll post in my blog before hand, maybe you can come? That would be fun.

Kyuukaryuko said...

I'll keep a close eye on your blog about the 17th of June :)

Kyuukaryuko said...

Oohh, and now I'll try much harder to go to your kimono demo (if you're still going to do that). I've just bought my first furisode ever on ebay!

Unknown said...

Good! Kimono Buying is good! how does she look? now I am curious... be carefull, before you know it your house is filled with silk...
I still do not know if the demo will be held... but if you like you can try and contact me through this. berber-at-vanhiertottokio.com